As per my prediction in my 9/1 posting, the pods are starting to reappear as birds. There was one broken pod in the batch of pods that I had, and a break in the stem end suggested a beak to me. I have used lilac twigs as legs, as I did with the pod bugs described in my earlier postings, but used wax to make his webbed feet. The wings, tail, and eyes were also made with wax. I created the texture of the feathers on the wings and in the tail by pressing the edge of a slightly heated metal file into the wax. I am working on a couple of additional birds to add to the flock, and I also plan on making a nest and egg for this bird (in this economy, everyone should have a nest egg).